GAfutures is Georgia's primary resource for information on planning, applying, and paying for college. The website aims to help students of all ages explore and plan for college and is loaded with tools and information that will make the process of searching, applying, and paying for college easier. GAfutures is a project of the Georgia Student Finance Commission and replaced GACollege411.
Using GAfutures, Georgia students will be able to:
- Apply for state financial aid programs (including HOPE and Move On When Ready)
- Check HOPE GPA status (begining as early as 9th grade)
- Learn about state financial aid programs and eligible postsecondary institutions
- Learn about federal financial aid and repayment options
- Search and apply to colleges
- Search a nationwide scholarship database
PEACH STATE TOUR
- Log in to the Student Portal
- On the menu bar to the left, click "More".
- Choose "SLDS."
- Choose "Go to YouScience."
HIGH DEMAND CAREER INITIATIVE
The High Demand Career Initiative (HDCI) was launched in 2014. Governor Nathan Deal described the initiative as an opportunity “to allow [Georgia] to hear directly from employers of our state about what they expect their future talent needs will be, and it will give our institutions of education the chance to get ahead of the curve in preparing tomorrow’s workforce.” HDCI is a continuation of the Georgia Competitiveness Initiative, an effort that helped make Georgia the number one state in the nation in which to do business for five consecutive years. Source: tcsg.edu